- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Calories: 985
- Difficulty: easy
Creamy Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala! This rich and creamy dish has pieces of paneer tossed in a tomato and cashew based curry. Goes so well with naan or rice.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and sauté for few seconds.
- Then add the onion, garlic, ginger and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cashews and mix. Then add 1 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from heat. Remove the bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit and then transfer to a blender. It’s important to let it cool down a bit else it will all blow up from the mixer. Grind the masala to a smooth paste and set aside.
- To the same pan now add 2 tablespoons butter along with remaining 1 teaspoon oil on medium heat.
- Once the butter melts, add the RUCHI red chili powder and the RUCHI Kashmiri red chili powder and fry for few seconds. This will give the curry a nice orange-red color.
- Then add the ground paste back into the pan along with the RUCHI garam masala (start with 1/2 teaspoon and add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon at the end only if you feel like the curry needs that extra bit of garam masala),Now add 3 tablespoon RUCHI Paneer Masala, RUCHI cardamom powder, sugar, salt and tomato paste (if using). Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the cream and mix.
- Add in the paneer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Finally add crushed kasuri methi.
- Garnish RUCHI paneer masala with cilantro and serve hot with naan or rice!